Office Phone: (562) 924-6666
Cell Phone: (562) 716-2188
A sense of community (physical and emotional well-being) is essential to a patient and his/her family ~ National Hydrocephalus Foundation encourages you to search through our website for the beginning of your education.
We also encourage you to contact us for further information or to ask questions. Mind you, we are not medical professionals, but we have a vast knowledge on hydrocephalus and other related medical conditions. Our Executive Director, Debbi, has hydrocephalus herself. She will be happy to speak with you and share some personal insights.
The National Hydrocephalus Foundation (NHF) was incorporated in the state of Illinois in 1979 as a voluntary, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3), public service organization.
The objectives of NHF are:
- To assemble and disseminate information pertaining to hydrocephalus, its treatments and outcomes
- To establish and facilitate a communication network among affected families and individuals
- To help others gain a deeper understanding of those areas affected by hydrocephalus, such as education, insurance, tax and estate planning, employment and family
- To increase public awareness and knowledge of hydrocephalus
- To promote and support research on the causes, treatment and prevention of hydrocephalus
- In addition to providing the public with informational brochures, NHF offers a variety of help guides, maintains a reference library, videos/CD's on hydrocephalus, has support groups, will assist others in starting an NHF support group in their area, and publishes a quarterly newsletter, Life~Line.
What is Hydrocephalus?
Aspects of Hydrocephalus
Causes of Hydrocephalus
Facts about Hydrocephalus
How is Hydrocephalus Diagnosed?
Signs of Hydrocephalus & Shunt Malfunctions
Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
Types of Seizures